Who are we?
Birmingham Arts (ArtsBrum) was founded in 2016 by photographer Owen de Visser, who saw a gap in online presence for a comprehensive ‘What’s On Guide‘ for art listings in Birmingham. With the help of designer William Plant (Small Batch) and David Moore (website technician), artsbrum.com has been live since December 2016, and is already attracting thousands of unique visitors each week
Our growing following has meant we have now expanded our team to include new content writers Lisa Williams, Esther Draycott, Keenia Dyer-Williams, John Bidder & Nicola Morrison. With the website now established, ArtsBrum now has its first event ‘Open Studios’ under its belt, with a focus on making this an annual event that grows year-on-year
If you are an artist or an art lover, we aim to be your online go-to destination for everything art in Birmingham. We support local artists by giving free exposure, a free art database and a commission-only shop front
What’s so special about us?
- We feature local artists, giving them a louder voice in Birmingham, via a free database, featured articles & interviews
- Our database of artists has already helped local talent receive commissions and exhibition spaces
- We list all exhibitions in our easy-to-understand ‘What’s On’ guide
- Our online shop sells only local art, promoting trade in Birmingham
- We now run our own Open Studios event, currently across B13/B14 but looking to expand annually to cover South Birmingham
- Regular featured charity and fundraising spots
How can we help you as an artist?
- We can add you to our database – for free! – so anyone can easily find you for work
- Adding your products to our shop could give you a reach never before possible
- We can feature you, giving you extra prominence on the site
- Every time we add an artist to our database, we share a link on Twitter and Facebook to our 2000+ followers
- Open Studios means you can exhibit and sell your art from your home or studio, commission free!
We have only been live 12 months, and are steadily growing. To find out more, or to join us, please email Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org